Friday, December 17, 2010

Which Are You?

Singles ward. Enough said. Who really likes them? No one except the girl whose sweet spirit does not shine bright enough to land her the Abercrombie model and thus the only place she can adore her Hercules is during Sunday school and FHEThese girls are not hard to spot. During the FHE lesson look around for the girl staring creepily...er I mean adoringly at the model-god. No the model-god is not going to take you into his arms and kiss you. He doesn't even know your name sweetheart. He knows the name of the 18 year old who snacks on ice cubes 3x a day. Not fair but life isn't fair.
















So within the realm of my singles ward, there are many different types of girls and guys. Some worth knowing and some worth hiding from. I have learned quite a bit recently first, those guys to avoid. The ones who you spot from a mile away because they have toilet paper on their shoe or possess a high-pitch girlie squeal. When I see these boys I hide while the lyrics to Clay Aiken's Invisible play inside my head. Lyrics like such:




  • What ya doin tonight? Um I'm washing my hair

  • I wish I could be a fly on your wall.... I need a bug zapper stat

  • Are you really alone? Nope my black football player bf is with me
  • Why can't I bring you into my life? The only way I am riding in your car is if you are the dead body in the trunk, freak.










I've somehow landed on the radar of these creep-tastic boys. I walk into the church and immediately they start for me as I turn and run in the opposite direction. Running in 4-inch heels, hard but not impossible. Especially when on the run. FYI don't try the library, it is their "watering hole" or safety zone of the freaks. That is their watering hole. Dusty papers & church films from the 80s keep them happy.


Then you've got the boys who walk with swagger wearing straight-bill hats. The ones who never fail to bring the GQ look to church. The guy knows how to work a room full of girls. Gives you "the nod" or a flirty wink over the head of the current girl in front of him. He is ever so smooth. Guys want to be him and girls want him, but he doesn't choose one.





He walks as though he is bringing sexy back.... no, it already came back. He will confess that nobody's ever made me feel the way you do, but he confessed that same thing to yesterday's girl. They love the allure of the good girl believing that he makes good girls go bad.... not so much babycakes but thanks for playing. The singles ward is brimming with these men but don't fret. Observing their hunt in the herd of 18 year-old girls proves to be entertaining.






The bad boy....nuff said. The ever charming man who does make good girls go bad. He has perfected it to an art. He accomplishes far more than the GQ. Bad boy: a charming, funny, overtly confident guy who is sexy. In good shape. He has that unspoken quality; an edge, touch of the devil. Whatever it is, it ignites women. He is different from the GQ in attitude towards women. He loves women. All women. Makes them feel sexier by being in the room. He isn't attractive based on his status, bank account, or intellect. Instead he can get a woman based on himself. He wants to know everything about. Make you laugh and discover your weaknesses....besides him. He realizes that the more beautiful a girl feels, the more easygoing she is. Personally the ward could use more of these guys.
***Bad boy does not necessarily mean that he is a bad person***



These guys love women who have their own thing, Miss Independent. He finds you so beautiful and tells you everyday. However when he compliments you, you won't believe him. Accept the compliment. The Bad Boy is never fake. He is frank. He builds you up.





***If you are a guy reading this, the term "bad boy" is not a bad phrase. To me it means that you are truthful to the women in your life. That you build them up everyday. It also means that you have the extra ingredient that women long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment